Customer Service Representative Job Description
Anderson Insurance Agency, Jane E. Anderson-Wymer Owner
Position Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Jane E. Anderson-Wymer and Randy Wymer—Owner/Management/Producers
- Performs the essential functions of the position including fulfilling client’s requests, with regards to their insurance policies, and assisting producers/owners as necessary. Provides prompt, efficient, high-quality service to policyholders, potential clients and owner/management/producers.
- Essential Job Functions
- Receive phone calls and office visitors requesting changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Gather information and determine acceptability and placement. Complete applications or endorsements requests, and collect premium when applicable.
- Maintain timely and thorough customer and carrier interactions to minimize the potential for error and omissions claims.
- Review existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and do so by mail and phone.
- Review existing accounts at least 30 days prior to renewal to determine if non-standard policies can be rewritten in a standard program.
- Receive and review all cancellations to determine necessary actions.
- Handle premium collection and cancel policies when necessary.
- Maintain own follow-up and suspense file on outstanding orders and correspondence. Follow-up on all overdue and suspense items. Maintain expiration control log.
- Actively solicit increase in coverage or rounding out of accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Actively seek referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follow up to generate new business using prospect database and automation system.
- Process renewals
- Maintain working knowledge of all rating products and processes.
- Document ALL conversations (phone, face to face, email, text) with clients and prospects in an activity log and/or client file.
- Perform other functions as assigned by management.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have genuine concern for clients’ security and protection.
- Be willing to pursue insurance education/licensing (if not already achieved).
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have a pleasant telephone personality.
- Be computer literate and have typing ability.
- Other Requirements
- Must acquire PA Insurance license within the first 6 months of employment.
- Must be physically able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week in the office.
- The employee is regularly required to see, hear, and project voice well enough without amplification.
- Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, typewriter and various agency software programs.
- This job description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management with or without notice at any time. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.